If you are a CVS Deal Shopper, you know these are rare!
Click here and then click on the link listed in the Tweet!
Remember you can get a coupon for each club card you have! Enjoy!
Monday, September 13, 2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Well, today is the 40th day of the fast! Some days I didn't think it would come but time did fly.
When I look back, I'm not sure if I had a life changing experience but an eye opening in what I needed to change.
For instances ...
- When payday come and the cash is taken for groceries, go grocery shopping FIRST! No Target or little spending here and there. Use the money for what its for - food!
- Don't run to the store because you saw a great deal online. Sleep on it.
- Plan transactions at CVS/Rite Aid for best out of pocket expense. Going in blind can make you spend more than you wanted.
- Quit swiping the debt card without talk to the co-owner of the account about the purchase.
- Plan only a week at a time of meals and spend only the amount you have for a week's time. This way you have money for milk or McD's in the future.
I skipped home parties and bingos. I put a lot of stuff back. I did a lot of window shopping. I didn't die during the process. So I encourage you to give it a try. If not 40 days, 30 or a week. Saving money is definitely a better way to go!
Monday, July 19, 2010
So, its the last week. It has been hard - seriously. But to even write that makes me feel selfish. I went 40 days without shopping for 'wants' not needs and its been hard. But I knew it would be and I needed this. As I shopped, I have touched many items and put back many items to boot. I have skipped events where huge tempting sales would have brought me to deleting this blog. I avoided certain stores that are known for my reckless spending. But I have meet a new friend ...
This is my new piggy bank Hamm. He is from the Toy Story movies and I recently got him free from codes inside cereal boxes. He has been holding my savings and loose change. The look on his face cracks me up but yet remind me to back off. I don't need to reach in there just because I might go to my favorite store today. It reminds me that having cash saved is better than things.
I think Hamm is going to be good for me!