Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Cleaning Tips

Hey All Y'All!
Sorry I haven't been posting much. I have been spring cleaning my heart out. I have the dining room, 2 bedrooms, and the living room left. From scrubbing walls to dusting everything and washing windows, I'm glad I have a stock pile of cleaning solutions to get the job done!

I haven't been shopping much due to this spring cleaning project, but I wanted to share some spring cleaning tips that I have been using.

  • Toy Clean Out - We have a huge kids consignment sale coming up in Bellefonte (www.justkidsresale.com) so as I clean out toy bins I'm even more motivated to get rid of toys that my children never played with or honestly annoy me. Year around I have a rubbermaid bin in each kid's closet for this purchase - to place unwanted/unused toys along with clothing they have outgrown or didn't fit well. Once that bin gets full, I go through and sell what is nice and donate everything else.
  • Pantry Clean Out - As you start to coupon, you build up a stock pile of items. I frequently go through my pantry to check for outdated items (trashed), over stocked items (donate), and just to reorganize. It helps me to see what I have alot of so next time when its not free, I don't need to spend my pennies on that time right now.
  • Appliance Clean Out - As I was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets, I found 3 coffee makers. My hubby needs his coffee daily and in the past 11 years, I have learned that a back up is always a good idea when the current one decides to explode some AM. But 3 is a little to much. So I have cleaned it up and I plan on taking it to my mom's group to give to someone who could use it.
Maybe nothing new to you as you read this, but I believe keeping on top of things helps in the long run! Will post deals as I find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment