When I look back, I'm not sure if I had a life changing experience but an eye opening in what I needed to change.
For instances ...
- When payday come and the cash is taken for groceries, go grocery shopping FIRST! No Target or little spending here and there. Use the money for what its for - food!
- Don't run to the store because you saw a great deal online. Sleep on it.
- Plan transactions at CVS/Rite Aid for best out of pocket expense. Going in blind can make you spend more than you wanted.
- Quit swiping the debt card without talk to the co-owner of the account about the purchase.
- Plan only a week at a time of meals and spend only the amount you have for a week's time. This way you have money for milk or McD's in the future.
I skipped home parties and bingos. I put a lot of stuff back. I did a lot of window shopping. I didn't die during the process. So I encourage you to give it a try. If not 40 days, 30 or a week. Saving money is definitely a better way to go!