Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New To Coupons? Great Tip by April!

My friend April has a great website. See posted these tips and I had to share!

Don’t get stressed out if you are just starting. It does take time to get the hang of things, but once you do, it’s so worth it!
Here’s a few tips to get you started:
  • You don’t have to clip every coupon that you see! I did this in the beginning and it was such a waste. Only clip the coupons for the things your family needs, or will need in the future.
  • Stockpile, stockpile, stockpile! I have a pretty decent stockpile started already, and its so nice to go to the panty instead of the grocery store when I need something.
  • Don’t use your coupons as soon as you get them unless it’s something you need or is on sale. A lot of times stores will end up putting things on sale closer to the expiration date.
  • Plan! That’s the biggest thing, it takes time, but it saves you money! Being impulsive when it comes to shopping is never a good thing!
  • Make sure you watch for sales! Combining your coupons with sales can get you free stuff if you plan it well.
  • Check Facebook and other social sites. A lot of companies are using them to get fans and give things away for joining!
  • You can’ t be afraid to try new things. Lots of coupons come out for new items, and you have to be able to give them a try.
  • Make sure you buy more than 1 newspaper a week if you want to start your stockpile. It’s nice to have 4 coupons for toilet paper when it goes on sale so you can stock up.
  • Don’t let the coupons stress you out. I get multiple inserts a week, lately about 5-6…it takes me a while to get them all cut and sorted, but don’t stress if they aren’t done by Sunday night!
  • Check the insides of your boxes before you throw them away. A lot of companies hide coupons inside!
  • Keep your coupons organized when you take them to the store. I have a Nike 3-ring binder that zips around all 4 sides, that way I know I’ll never lose anything. There are also a few extra little attached folders that I keep my extra stuff in, like coupons that are strictly for restaurants, toys stores, things like that. Everyone organizes theirs differently. Mine has the baseball card inserts to hold the coupons. You can pick up a big pack of these at more department stores. I then got tabs for the pages, and sorted them by aisle at the store that I shop at most often. It makes it so nice because I can walk in the front doors and start on the first page, I don’t have to fumble around to find the ones I need for that part of the store.
Thanks April for the great tips!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment